Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Real Wedding - Sacramento, California

When Joshua Caine sent over this adorable California wedding, I was instantly struck at how cute the couple's last name is - Sprinkles! And better yet? They served Sprinkles cupcakes at the reception as a delicious nod to the name. The bride and groom were kind enough to pass along some details about themselves and the wedding, along with a detailed list of vendors. Enjoy!

Occupations: I teach students with special needs and Tim teaches at risk teenagers.
How we met: I was teaching in my classroom and I needed a teacher substitute for part of the day. In walked Tim and we clicked right away. It takes someone very unique to work well with my students. Tim worked better with my students than pretty much anyone else I had met. When he won over my notoriously difficult student, he won me over as well. I knew that was it.
The Proposal: It took place on the anniversary of our first date at the same location. We had our Basset Hound and his treat bag. We were walking over the bridge of the Sacramento River. Tim stopped half way to make Blue sit. He asked me to get out a treat for Blue and when I reached in the bag, there was a box. He was down on one knee and we were both crying. I kept asking him if it was a real proposal because I was so surprised.
Adjectives to Describe your Wedding: Unifying, Blissful and Intimate.
Favorite Detail: Foot washing done to symbolize our intention to honor each other and humble ourselves to one another.
Wedding Dress: I went with my mom and grandma to David's Bridal just to try on dresses shortly after being engaged. I found a dress that was what I had envisioned for myself. It was purchased for me on the spot. As I started going in for my alterations I knew something was wrong. When I put it on I needed reassurance that it was pretty. I knew that on the day of my wedding I wanted to be wearing a dress that required no reassurance. A dress that made me feel beautiful beyond a doubt. I kept trying to convince myself that the dress was fine and everyone said they loved it. (What else were they supposed to say?) Finally, after an internal struggle my good friend Courtney told me that she thought I needed to look at other dresses. She said she could tell it wasn't me and that she knew I wanted something fancier. My family agreed that having the right dress was a drop in the bucket when looking at the big picture of the cost of a wedding. Courtney, my mom, my grandma and my favorite aunt came with me to look the next day. I tried on literally 50 dresses. I kept coming back to the same one. It was nothing like I had originally chosen or pictured myself in it. It was THE dress.
Wedding Flowers: They were all white and mainly garden roses. My bouquet had a large vintage broach on it that my cousin and Matron of Honor had worn on her bouquet. The center pieces were laced with with white feathers.
Wedding Cake: We ended up choosing cupcakes with sprinkles on top. Considering our last name it seemed to be the only appropriate choice. They had Tiffany blue frosting white sprinkles and a little diamond ring in each one. There were four flavors chocolate chip, lemon, vanilla and raspberry. They were a big hit and everyone was wearing the rings. The top two had silver vintage love birds as cake toppers.
Biggest Challenge: Narrowing our guest list to 100 people. When you are in this in love you want everyone you have ever met to come and witness the event.
Memorable Moment: When we first saw each other. For both of us it is an incredibly poignant memory. We are so glad we saw each other before the wedding. That extra time spent together on OUR day was priceless.
Vows: We did not write our own vows. But we did incorporate foot washing which was unique and had incredible meaning to us.
Our Future: We are currently looking into doing foster care for a child with special needs, using our annual passes to Disneyland as often as possible, continuing to enhance our scuba diving skills and just enjoying one another. Hopefully, in the not too distant future we will be starting our own family and finding the home that we want to stay in for a very long time.

Photographer: Joshua Caine
Newcastle Wedding Gardens
Lyda Sprinkles
Wedding Cake Baker:
Icing on the Cupcake
Newcastle Wedding Gardens
Bride’s Dress:
House of Fashion (Dress designer is Maggie Sottero Evita)
Bridesmaids’ Dresses:
David's Bridal


Cam said...

I love seeing weddings with unique twists and I don't believe I have heard of the foot washing before...that stands out for sure!! And the pic with them in front of the line of trees is breathtaking. I'm not sure if the trees were color - enhanced but either way it is a stunning shot!

Steph Dunant said...

I love this wedding. It feels refreshing and warm at the same time. The dress is gorgeous, the atmosphere is glamorous, old-school, the photography is beautiful. It's a great wedding and it is certainly highly inspiring.

dognbird said...

Aww Sprinkles. This couple is adorable - love all the happy lil' touches.