Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Real Wedding - Chicago, IL


Seeing as how its my hometown, I always love a wedding that showcases the beautiful Chicago skyline. But I think my favorite thing about this wedding is the fabulous black flower that the bride used to adorn her wedding dress! Its such a simple accessory but adds so much character to the dress. And get this - Mikaela's dress was just $89 from the Issac Mizrahi collection at Target! I also love that each bridesmaid has her own type of flower - again, so simple and yet such a great twist. Here are the rest of the details:

Photography: Bella Pictures
Venue: Roof of the Grand Piazza
Bridesmaids Dresses: White House Black Market
Florist: Flora-a
Cake: Rolf’s Patisserie
Groom’s Tux – Brooks Brothers
Hair – Solo Salon
Shoes – Caparros
Flower on Dress – Von Maur














9 comments:

cheekybride said...

Can you please email me the link to purchase the flower? I have been looking for one! Thanks!

Laura said...

Best part? Those shoes! Love them! Want them!

info said...

can you post what was used to create the center piece in the last photo. is that natural wood or metal? if its wood do you know what type

Darci said...

Cheekybride - I can't find the link to the flower online...searched their whole site! Maybe try looking in a store? There are also some really similar ones right here: http://emersonmade.com/

The centerpieces are made of natural wood. You can find some similar branches right here: http://www.nettletonhollow.com/branches.html

Reina said...

I love those shoes and can't find them on caparros, zappos, or any of their retailers online! help!!

dateamarine@gmail.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Darci said...

Hi Reina - I think they might be flowered shoe clips! Hopefully that helps, but I will shoot you an email as well.

Darci said...

Hi Reina - I think they might be flowered shoe clips! Hopefully that helps, but I will shoot you an email as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm just wondering how you put together your centerpieces. How much did it you find the branches?

Darci said...

Anonymous - You're best bet would probably be to contact a florist for all the details, but if you're interested in just buying some manzanita, you can try Nettleton Hollow: http://www.nettletonhollow.com/index.html