Blog has moved, searching new blog...

A Very Special Real Wedding


I am completely captivated by old wedding pictures, and this one is particularly special because the lovely bride and groom happen to be my husbands Grandparents. Isn't that dress amazing? I just adore the train. And if you look closely at the picture of the wedding party, the bridesmaids are wearing veils as well!

I am sorry to say that my husbands Grandma recently passed away, but wanted to share these pictures with you that were displayed at her funeral. A wonderful way to remember such a beautiful couple.

5 comments:

Alexson said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma-in-law's passing. Such lovely pictures, though! I absolutely love my grandparents' wedding pictures - they are are only reasons I'm willing to do a few formals at my own wedding.

Michele said...

I recently came across photos of my grandparent's wedding and it was amazing. I love weddings from the 1900's to the 1970's. I wonder if my future children will be as excited about our wedding photos as I am about my parents/grandparent's wedding photos.

Kathleen said...

gorgeous! it seems like every woman back then was just stunning and glamorous even if they led normal lives. I need to dig up my grandparents' wedding photos... i posted some from my parents on my blog earlier this week. I hope your family is holding up ok.

Tana said...

These wedding photos are so, so sweet and make me feel like watching Turner Classic Movies! Thank you, Darci, for knowing that people love to look at photos like these!

KK said...

I love them too! I did a post on the same thing not long ago! check it out! I love your blog, Im not even close to getting married yet but I always find inspiration from yours!

http://kuriouskate.blogspot.com/2009/08/vintage-wedding-photots.html