Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Non-Matching Maids

Apparently all of you love the idea of mismatched bridesmaids dresses as much as I do! When I put up this picture on Friday, I got a lot of emails and messages asking for more inspiration. So - ask and you shall receive. I rounded up as many photos as I could get my hands on and I hope they help you in your non-matching dress searches. The top photo is over the ever lovely Kristina, which I think is one of the best examples of how different shades can complement each other so well. These dresses in shades of gray are from Snippet & Ink:
And these are from one of my favorite Martha Stewart Weddings:
From Josh Mccullock (you should really go look at this entire wedding, its beautiful):
The next two are again via Snippet & Ink:
And finally, I love that the girls are in different dresses and the boys are wearing different ties in this wedding, yet they all still match perfectly:

7 comments:

JHRME said...

I really like the idea of continuing it into the ties1 These are great! Everyone looks comfortable in what their wearing!

myDIYweddingday said...

Thanks for this post! I loved that picture of all the green dresses last week too, and am so happy for more inspiration. I really like how it works with the gray dresses.

Elizabeth said...

I love how the dresses co-ordinate and yet each person gets to show their personality more than if they wore matching dresses. Makes the images a little more visually interesting too!

The Bridal BFF said...

I love the unique personality that every bridesmaid brings to the wedding...great post! Thanks for sharing!

brooke @ claremont road said...

In hindsight, I really wish I had given my bridesmaids a few parameters and gone with this idea! It ends up looking so great and allows everyone to buy something they'll TRULY wear again. Oh wells :-)

Megan Hobson said...

I love the non-matching maids idea!! Weddings are so unique these days...why not!

Wedding Dress said...

You know actually, these colors seem to go together well.