Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Cake Inspiration

Etiquette of Chocolate is a fabulous confectionery in Orange Park, Florida who makes chocolate goodies as well as wedding cakes. I first heard of them via Style Me Pretty and have been reading their blog ever since. I recently went into their archives to read some old posts and was fascinated by this particular post about sources of inspiration. You can obviously go check it out for yourself (and should look around at the rest of their blog as well) but the gist is that they took this wedding dress:
Decided to make the cake "flow similar" to the design of the dress (tiered band around the waist, etc):
And then used silicon molds to make "lace" similar to the lace on the dress. Such a beautiful cake! Its so great to see a drawing transform into the real thing.Beautiful work, Etiquette of Chocolate!

11 comments:

Julia said...

that's really impressive. I would eat that cake.

JHRME said...

That is Beautiful! Dress AND the cake! I think I could just have both! haha!

Chung Nguyen said...

Can I just say... Wow. Wow. Wow. Amazing. (:

lunarzie said...

beautiful pix. i love your blog :-)

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness I am in love with that dress. You don't know who it's by do you?

Rachel Elizabeth said...

I love the third tier from the top. The layering is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Who is the dress designer I LOVE it

Michelle said...

Justin Alexander Couture Style 9552 :0)

Kate said...

That's my dress!!! I love it so much :) Thanks for the inspiration, I NEVER see anything inspired by my dress and it's a shame.

Wedding Dress said...

That's a nice cake.

tragicomedia_gmr said...

Gorgeous dress and cake! it fits so well with the theme of my wedding!