Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Thoughtful Things

I don't usually advocate going "off registry" for wedding gifts, but this would be an exception (or possibly a good shower gift). I actually gave this to one of my very dear friends because we agreed not to give each other expensive presents, seeing as how we were each traveling across the country to be in one another's weddings. It's a five year diary, with only a few lines each day available for writing.
I included a card with the gift suggesting that they write down a reason they are grateful for each other everyday. After five years, that would be a lot of love in one little book! Have you ever gone off registry for a wedding gift?

8 comments:

CL said...

GREAT suggestion! Just bought one for my be-fri for Christmas, and was so delighted to link you as my "referred by." Hurry up, y'all - there are only four of these left in stock! :)

Melissa said...

This is such a great gift idea :)

Erica said...

I often go off the registry. I try to pick gifts that are somewhat special to the relationship I have with the couple. For instance, for a friend I often have coffee with, I purchased the mugs from her registry, and used them as the base for a basket of coffee goodies and accoutraments that she had not registered for. Sometimes it's just more fun for the gift-giver to be creative!

Chung Nguyen said...

I love this recommendation. I'd like one for myself, actually!

Surrounded By Boys said...

I did something like this for the first 5 years of my marriage. It was just a blank journal and I would write things in it sporadically, like a diary of what we were up to and stuff. So there was an entry when we were deciding where to go for our honeymoon, one when we had just closed on our first house, even one when I had just taken a pregnancy test and was waiting for him to get home to tell him the good news! I gave him the journal on our 5 year anniversary and he was blown away! Now I'm working on one to give him on our 10 year anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Hi Darci, Were you planning to do your photo re-cap on weddingbee?

An Atlanta Bride said...

Now that's a diary I would actually write in on a daily basis!

Wedding Favors said...

Nice gift suggestion.