Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Navy and Yellow Wedding

I was thinking today, as I was tempted to post a winter wedding, most of you are likely planning weddings in spring, summer, or fall. So despite the snow on the ground, I put together a really small board for a wedding devoid of snowflakes and holly. As I've mentioned before, I was really torn between the color scheme we ultimately decided on and a "non-cheesy" nautical theme. Given my love of green, when I think nautical I usually think navy, white, and green. I also really love just navy and white together, but throwing in some yellow can add a lot to the palette. {Invitation from Lily Darby, cake from k.rosecakes, flowers from Real Simple, everything else from InStyle Weddings}

9 comments:

Newport Nuptials said...

My bridesmaids are trying to convince me to do a navy and yellow wedding. Seeing the pictures, it looks great!

missAnnie2009 said...

This is EXACTLY what my wedding has turned into... and I'm so excited you put together taht idea board!! I'm having the wedding at a yacht club in Michigan, with navy & white w/ hints of yellow...

Thanks for the cute pictures!! I love them!

Anonymous said...

I am planning a winter wedding, and have been waiting ALL year for people to start posting fun winter boards - so please do one as well! It's not faaaaaaaair :)

Anonymous said...

my wedding is next oct and some people have had the hardest time getting their heads around my navy and yellow them. (not nautical, though...our element is birds!) very excited to see some navy!!

D. Marie said...

these are beautiful colors together for the spring. Im having a spring wedding...April 24th 2010...and we are going with blue and white...but more of a teal blue..any help there? Im looking for a blue bridal bouquet...an all blue one...but im having trouble...and im hearing hydrangeas are going to be expensive in April and I really love them!

AEO said...

Love, love, love!!! We did a preppy wedding this past summer in navy and pink in Northern Michigan and I used a few of the photos in this board as inspiration!! Navy and yellow was our second choice, and it was quite a difficult decision. Great job!

Jamie said...

My October wedding was navy and white! During my planning I met with a florist who said navy and yellow would be too 'schoolish'...I agreed...and although I didn't use that particular florist, I went with an accent of pink instead of yellow. I think the navy and yellow looks fabulous and very non-schoolish! Darn florist....

Caleb & Meredith said...

we are doing navy and orange, so your post was as close as I have found because it seems nobody is doing orange weddings. so excited! thank you!

Web Hosting Delhi said...

very beautiful yellow color, I like it.