Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Inexpensive Centerpieces

Seeing as these "vases" are made out of vintage books, they can't hold any water but they would make adorable centerpieces when clustered together. You could use them at a shower or even at a reception if you or your fiance are writers or avid readers.
It would be easy to find vintage books on ebay or at a flea market, if you have enough time you could even try to track down some of your favorites or try to use some with a theme - love, weddings, etc. You can find the full tutorial here.

4 comments:

Blablover5 said...

Another option is to use old readers digests.

We used to use those to make paper christmas trees all the time when I was younger.

Peonies and Polaroids said...

Oh my, my stomach just lurched when I saw that picture of someone cutting up a book! I can't even make note on a book, it feels like a sacrilegious act! If I had to cut one up, even to make a super cool vase I think I'd pass out.

Great idea though, for those with stronger constitutions!

JHRME said...

My stomach lurched too I must confess all though I think its cool! Does it need to be done with attractive old hardbacks or can it be done with has been paperbacks one might never admit to having read?

Wedding Reception said...

Interesting.