Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Wordle

I know that Wordle is nothing new to the blog world, but it hadn't occurred to me to use it this way. When I entered all the text from our wedding ceremony, this is the word cloud that was generated. You can manipulate the colors and the layout yourself, but something about the black and white really appealed to me. I am thinking it would look great in a big black frame with a white mat...such a great way to display words that mean so much. You could also easily incorporate this prior to your wedding - wouldn't it look amazing on a ceremony program?

10 comments:

LC said...

Ohhhh...I love it!

Bridechka said...

Very cool idea!

Melissa said...

I love this idea! I think I might borrow it :)

Jamie said...

LOVE this.

Amanda B. Young said...

Someone else posted on this recently and I love it! You are SO right -- it would look awesome in a frame. So meaningful and different!

Andrea S said...

I'm totally "borrowing" your idea! That definitely needs to be incorporated in our wedding somehow!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Do you know how to copy the image on wordle in order to save it/print it? I'm having a tough time trying to do that.
Thanks!

Darci said...

Anonymous - I used the "grab" function on our Mac, which is similar to the "print screen" feature on a PC. If you have an Adobe product you can also print to pdf. Hope that helps!

D. Marie said...

All of the words I put in aren't coming up in the finished layout. And I didnt even have that many words...maybe about 30. And how do I get different words to be bigger than others?

PS...great idea thanks for sharing!

Darci said...

d. marie - Once you create the word cloud there are some options at the top of the screen. Try going to Language and selecting "Do not remove common words." That should ensure that all of your words are appearing. The size of the words are proportional to the number of times the word appears in the text. So if you want something to appear bigger just enter the word more times. Hope that helps!