Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Make Your Own Bouquet

Given the state of the economy, I know that saving money is on almost everyone's mind. When you're planning a wedding there are lots of ways to cut costs - minimize the guest list, negotiate prices, and try to take on a few projects yourself. I didn't have the nerve to try and make my own bouquet but this examples from Real Simple make it look possible. Carnations usually get a bad rap, but these small bundles:Were turned into this:
Baby's breath is always a cost effective option - bundle it together with a little satin ribbon and it looks beautiful. This would even be a good option for bridesmaid's bouquets.This bouquet is made entirely of mums and daisies.When they're all put together they just look so cheery to me! So how about it - have any of you attempted (or plan to attempt) to make your own bouquet?

7 comments:

Abbie said...

I'm planning on making the floral arrangements and bouquets for our wedding. I have made them before, but I can only hope that ours turn out as pretty as these!

Bridechka said...

I am in love with the baby's breath bouquet... so delicate and beautiful!

Heidi said...

Yep...I DID IT! THey turned out fabulous! I actually defied everything I said I was going to do and used SILK FLowers...I was shopping at Micheals, and peed my pants when I found EXACTLy what I was looking for! And if I didn't almost faint when they were 50% off. LOVE! If you go to my blog (sunshinequeen.wordpress.com) and click on my "Wedding Jazz" category you can see them! THey turned out just how I wanted them too.
PS- I didn't really pee my pants :)

LA said...

That carnation bouquet is SO cute! People are snobby about carnations though, I've once heard, "they are *filler* flowers. But also, they last FOREVER, don't have to worry about them browning, etc.
On my to do list is calling a lady nearby my house who has a flower farm and makes bouquets for a farmers market in the season.

heidzilla said...

oh thank you so much for this post!!! i'm serving as MOH for my BFF and she LOVES daisies but doesn't want gerberas... we were trying to figure out something more formal and fuller, and the yellow bouquet was darling! forwarding along accordingly :)

~heidzilla
www.heidzillas.com

Andrea said...

Great post. I had to make my bouquet since it was a destination wedding, and it turned out great. I loved it!

Donna said...

Great ideas and tips. If you want to see some pictures and ideas of other bouquets, you might find this interesting:

http://chicagoweddingflowers.blogspot.com/