Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Table Numbers

In my search for some unique table numbers I came across this wonderful idea on OnceWed. Laurie Cinotto originally created the idea for the blog and I sort of ran with it (thanks, Laurie!) The idea is that you put a notebook on each table so that guests can leave notes for the bride and groom - kind of a wish bowl that we can go back and read when the day is over. Since we're using the damask runners I wanted to keep the patterns relatively simple, so I opted to use only three different types of paper. I also decided to use the larger 5.25 x 8.25" Plain Moleskine Notebooks to make sure they could be seen on the tables. The make your own rubber stamp kit is seriously handy, I used it to stamp the insides with two different messages:
And, "Your Wishes for The Couple." I don't expect anyone to write lengthy, heartfelt messages - really I just liked the little notebooks too much not to use them!

17 comments:

tina said...

They look great! I am so jealous of your green. It kills me!

Adrienne said...

Oooh I LOVE this idea. I have been trying to think of a way to incorporate "messages to the bride and groom" and actually get people to do it. I may just be stealing this one! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jessica @ budgetsavvybride said...

I love this idea- and your notebooks look adorable!!

Emily@oncewed said...

Darci, they look amazing! Laurie is the best. I am flattered you loved the project enough to use it in your own beautiful wedding!

J said...

Those notebooks are so cute! What a good idea!

Jamie said...

These are adorable!! I wish my friends and family were as sentimental as I am...my fear is I'd go through all the hard work to make them and we'd pick them up at the end of the night only to find them blank!! Very, very cute!

Laurie Cinotto said...

It's so nice to see someone gave the project a whirl!

Beautiful job! Excellent colors!

Laurie

Kelly Oshiro said...

So cute! I love it... I'm sure the comments in there will be priceless.

The Virtual Bridesmaid said...

I LOVE this idea!!

Shannon
The Virtual Bridesmaid
http://blog.viddia.com
www.viddia.com

Liz@The Wedding Bistro said...

Luv the green and brown colors!

Amanda B. Young said...

Fantastic idea -- they look fabulous! I hope you get many wonderful, heartfelt, and humorous comments that fill their pages -- as I'm sure you will!

My Dream Ring said...

Those are amazing! People at the wedding will love them! What a wonderful idea!

Madelyn @ Southern Weddings said...

This truly is a fantastic idea! This would be so special to the bride and groom to read when they came home from their honeymoon. Wonderful idea!

Ten Thousand Only said...

i just saw this over at oncewed! your set looks amazing and perfectly coordinated. question: how do you plan to display them?

Darci said...

I am just going to stand them up on each of the tables. I've tested it out and they stand on their ends quite well!

Pretty Bride said...

I love these! Great idea...

Wedding Reception said...

I like these notebooks!