Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Just Married!

Please allow me to introduce you to...our getaway boat! To be perfectly honest, the thought of transportation from the ceremony to the reception wasn't even on my radar. It's literally less than a five minute car ride, so I just assumed that we would hop into our trusty Volkswagen and drive ourselves. But there is just something about men and motorized vehicles, and before I knew it mine was talking about renting a boat. I thought he was crazy, but after some research we realized that since we need it for such a short time (less than an hour) it would actually be cheaper to rent the boat than an antique car. And if we're having a wedding on the lake, why not take advantage of it? So, we did our part to stimulate the economy and put a portion of our check towards The Lorelei (rented through Gage Marine). It will just be the two of us and our very small wedding party transported on the boat, and there will be chilled champagne waiting...sigh.

Seeing as how I am not one to let an opportunity to decorate pass me by, I wanted a "Just Married" sign to hang off the back of the boat. When I saw the idea to use these letters in Modern Bride I knew they would fit the bill - cute, made of wallpaper so slightly waterproof, and soft so they won't scratch the boat:
It's $2.95 per letter but I also had a coupon, so this weekend we went and bought all the components to make the sign for under $30. Here is a very bad picture of the letters, rather pathetically laid out on our unmade bed (Mom, avert your eyes):
I promise to share a better version when they're actually strung on the ribbon. Don't forget that you have until Thursday to comment on this post and win a copy of The Wedding Book!

11 comments:

Blablover5 said...

That is really cute, I love the sign.

Jamie said...

I saw your getaway transportation when the Browers posted a little snippet about it....what an awesome idea. Me? I just have the old standby - plain old limo. Not even a fun car or Escalade or anything....ho hum. And those letters? SO cute. I'm heading over to copy your idea, now!

Melissa's Greetings said...

So cute!

Erica said...

I LOVE the boat. Wish I could do that too. Can't wait to see your get-away pictures!

Kerry said...

Such a good idea! That will look awesome hanging off the boat! What a neat get-away!

Blush Paperie said...

Love the boat! Love the sign! Cute, cute, cute!!

Kate said...

Oh I love the boat! I showed it to my husband and he now thinks it would be a great idea for us to run into the surf and jump into a waiting speed boat a la Bad Boys or Magnum PI. LOL. Men are crazy.

Ainsley said...

If you feel like straying from the wedding planning for a few minutes...or hours if you're easily carried away like me...you and B should sit down and figure out all of the other fun things you can spell with your letters! Like "Dust Me"....When you have kids, you can hang that above their desk when you want them to clean it and I bet they won't even recognize it as nagging!!

Heidi said...

How cute! I could see these letters being used at a shower also with the bride's & groom's names strung up. Thanks for the inspiration!

Critsey said...

How adorable! What a great find! Thanks for sharing!

Wedding Reception said...

The get away boat!