Blog has moved, searching new blog...

The Invitations

I know, I know....finally! I apologize for the lack of posts last week and thank you for all the sweet emails wondering if I was alright. I am not sure how one gets sick in the middle of summer but I managed to do it! But enough about that though - onto the good stuff. I designed the invitation suite myself and worked with a local letterpress company to have them printed. I didn't actually have the best experience with them but I am really happy with how they all came together in the end, so I suppose that's all that matters! I hate to blur out the some of the information but hopefully you can still get an overall feel for how things looked. The first picture above is the outer envelope, the inner, and how things were all stacked together when they were pulled out of the envelope. I used satin ribbon to hold the stacked invitation and insert cards together and used a circle punch to make our monogram into a seal of sorts:
Here is the whole suite - you can see how I used the one element in different places on all of the pieces, to try and tie it together:
A close-up of the invitation itself:
And the insert cards. Instead of RSVP, Reception, Accommodations etc. we used rejoice, respond, and relax:
Rejoice and relax were the only cards that were letterpressed, I ordered the relax card from Vistaprint so that I could put a map on the back of it.And last but not least, Lola had to make her way onto the invitations somehow! We ordered custom stamps for the RSVP envelopes with her picture on them.
Here is a closeup of the stamp - it's a little hard to tell but she's holding an envelope in her mouth that has the same seal on it as the one on the ribbon. And...well...alright, we were actually holding the envelope up to her mouth and I photoshopped a hand out of the picture. You do what you've got to do, right?
It was kind of a debate whether or not to leave the response card so open ended, but it wound up working out better than I could have hoped. We've received really traditional responses, some that are a little strange, and some that made me laugh so hard I cried. Finding out what people do with blank spaces is pretty entertaining!

20 comments:

Jamie said...

Those are gorgeous!!! I'm so jealous of your letterpress :) but they are beautiful! I'm doing invites myself and need to send this week...did you layer them invite on bottom, directions and then rsvp? Because I have a wrap, too. Not quite as cute as yours with the sticker, but cute enough :)

Glad to see you back - I was a teeny bit concerned, but saw you had a few days between past entries, so I knew you'd be back - having worked on something fab to show! You did not disappoint!!!

tina said...

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! I am kicking myself for not doing letterpress. Congratulations on your beautiful design.

Darci said...

Ahhh, thanks :) Jamie - our inserts were all the same size so I layered them so that the insert next to the invitation was blank on the back, just in case there was any ink smear (I didn't use tissue paper). So from back to front it went invitation, reception card, accommodations, response card tucked into response envelope. If they're different sizes it's supposed to go from largest to smallest. Hope that helps!

Adrienne said...

These are amazing! I love the green!

Lucky Designs said...

Darci - They are just lovely! The flourish is a perfect touch.

boise.jenny said...

You forgot to mention how wonderful-FEELING the paper is! They're almost fuzzy, like fabric...soft, wonderful paper. I can't even explain it. Good choice...it all came out beautifully on the recipient's side!

Jennifer said...

These are so gorgeous! I love the design and the attention to detail, right down to the stamps! Love it, love it.

Tiffany said...

oooh, those are so pretty! I love the simplicity and elegance of the design.

The letterpress is gorgeous. And the stamp! Just precious.

cyndi & lee said...

They're gorgeous! I love the colors and how you incorporated the design element into each piece...perfect! And the stamps are too adorable for words!!

Madelyn @ Southern Weddings said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! I love the simplicity and elegance! That stamp is too precious! Fantastic!

Julia said...

I love them, of course. I loved reading even the traditional responses [with added little tid bits from our guests] so I can only imagine what free reign would give!

Anonymous said...

I love the stamps. What a nead idea! Lola is adorable.
~Jennifer~

Kate said...

Those are beautiful. Great job!

Monica Rae said...

Well done Darci! How fun would it be to get this in the mail?? I would be so excited to attend your wedding.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful. I especially love the simple yet elegant design.
May I ask what kind of font you used in the "respond" and "rejoice"???

Darci said...

The font is Bickham Script. Hope that helps!

Dana (previously anonymous) said...

hi Darci, thanks for the information.
I thought it looked very similar to Bickham Script. But my version doesn't have those beautiful loops like the ones you have in the "darci & david" (sob)... and the loop in the "p" in
"respond" is just AMAZING!!! I have fallen in love with it! Unfortunately I still cannot find a Bickham Script version with these beautiful loops.
I just can't take my eyes off of these loops, lol.

Dana said...

oops, I meant bradley, not david. I am currently typing the name of one of my guests for the envolopes, which is Daivd. lol, sorry about that.

Darci said...

Hi Dana - I think it might depend on what type of program you're using? I created our invitations in Illustrator, and changed the glyphs for the letters to get the different loops (I agree, I love them too). You can download a free trial of Illustrator, so maybe you can try that route?

Wedding Invitations said...

Letterpress invitations always look the best.