Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Barn Wood Signs

Remember how much I loved the sign pictured above? I've been wanting one to call my own ever since I laid eyes on it. Our ceremony venue actually has two entrances...so it could get a little confusing...and I seized the opportunity for a sign. I showed it to my Dad and he took matters into his own hands, namely getting permission to take some barn wood from a friend's brother and driving 30 miles to said barn with a crowbar in the car. That's dedication for you! He assembled it all this weekend, here it is on the stake:
And here is the finished product! We decided it was best to limit the words and make the letters as big as possible, seeing as how this is going to be viewed from passing cars. It will go up that morning, so the date isn't really necessary.
Put it in front of some hedges, hook a hydrangea on the top, and we're in business!

6 comments:

Molly said...

You two are seriously going to have the cutest wedding ever :)

Melissa's Greetings said...

That is so cute and so nice that your dad made it for you!

Jeana said...

How sweet is your dad!! I love the signs they look so rustic and cute!

HazelnutPhotography said...

Your Dad is fantastic! I'm not sure mine even knows what a crowbar is :-)

YAH for your Dad!

The Pissed Off Bride said...

I like this too. My venue is huge and has two seperate buildings that you can get married in. I do not want any doubt which place is "it". I think this sign is cute and others will thank you.

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

darci! it's gorgeous!