Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Dish Towel Aprons

Discovered by my friend (and bridesmaid) Jenny, I think these are such a great idea. Its basically taking a cute dish towel, adding some embellishments, and making it into an apron! The picture above is from The Felt Mouse's flickr stream...here is a better shot of the finished product:There are also some featured on Real Simple, and I am loving the green and white one they have pictured there: According to Real Simple, here is how you can make your very own!

What You Need: An oversize dish towel, two yard-long pieces of ribbon (to accommodate any size body), two big buttons, scissors, a needle, and thread.

What You Do:
1. On the best side of the dish towel, sew a button to each corner of one long side.
2. Tie a piece of ribbon around each button, leaving a little tail. This will make it easy to remove the ribbons before washing the apron, which will keep them from unraveling.
3. To wear the apron, wrap the ribbons around your waist as many times as necessary and tie a bow.

5 comments:

Tara said...

tag!

mom2lo said...

Totally cute! I love this idea! It actually seems like a sewing project I'm capable of tackling!

boise.jenny said...

So creative! And so cute. After I found this, I learned that there's a whole underground apron subculture. Who knew? I can see why - they are basically dresses and skirts you get to wear over your clothes.

Shabneez @ The Cultured Bride said...

So cute! I think I have a sudden need to acquire a couple of dish towels...

Bree said...

I love this idea, and I think I might be crafty enough to make myself one, thanks for the idea! :)