Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Handmade Wedding Series

I am sure most of you have heard by now, but Etsy is currently hosting a Handmade Wedding series that is a wealth of ideas an inspiration. The above "cake" is from seller Daisyanddots, and breaks apart to reveal individual candy boxes. I am convinced now more than ever that you could plan an entire wedding via Etsy, and wind up with an event that is both unique and relatively inexpensive. The level of talented people on that site is just amazing, look at these Save the Dates from seller vreelanddesign: This green garnet ring from ShadeJewelry is so unique (and only $200):
I don't even know what I would use these poppy corsages for, but I want one just based on the picture.
Have you bought anything from Etsy for your wedding? Anyone else find the site as addicting as I do?

6 comments:

Linda said...

I adore etsy! I plan on buying the bridemaids gifts from etsy. I got my something blue for an etsy sellter. And we're planning on using Shade Jewelers for our wedding bands!

Amanda said...

I absolutely adore Etsy - they have so much variety in everything! I just finished buying the soy votives (in my wedding colour, I might add) for the DIY centerpieces, as well as gifts for the Bridesmaids (mini journals made from recycled paper). I plan to do as much as I can from Etsy, just because I'd rather support artists than big chains any day!

http://www.blueskybride.com

Darci said...

Well said, Amanda!

oanababy said...

I ordered my wedding invitations from an Etsy seller with a Gocco. I've bought tonnes of other things too - mostly birthday and holiday gifts.

Anonymous said...

Etsy is amazing. The personal service, the selection, the customization...nothing compares! I agree 100% that you could get everything you need for a wedding from Etsy. I got a custom picture frame, a garter designed for my fiancee's fav football team, custom resersal bouquets, custom table numbers and a sign for my place card table. ALL made to make my colors and theme! :) ~Lauren

Kerry said...

I have a few silk corsages and I wear them in all sorts of ways... on my jean jacket, as part of a belt, on a collar on purses... I love them!