Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Fabric

I get a lot of emails about Damask fabric, so constructing a post about where to find it is long overdue! When my Mom and I first decided to make the runners (well, more like after she agreed to make the runners) we went to several different fabric stores looking for black & white damask fabric and came up with nothing. We turned to the internet and found three places that always seem to have some damask fabric in stock:
1. Warehouse Fabrics Inc. - This is where I bought my fabric (pictured above) for $6.98/yard. It's called Traditions Black and actually comes in several different colors. There is another black & white damask pattern available on the same site, called Madison Black. It's the exact same pattern as the Traditions but the print is much smaller. If you look at the "repeat" you'll see that the Madison pattern is 4x4, whereas the Traditions is 12X13:
2. BuyFabrics - I like this site a lot because you can search for fabric by color. In the black & white section you'll find the same two fabrics that are pictured above plus an array of stripes and polka dots. I seriously considered this paisley fabric before landing on the damask:
3. Ebay - Just search for "damask fabric" and hundreds of results come up. Everytime I've searched I've always seen the Madison & Traditions fabrics mentioned above, along with an array of others. This is really the place I've found the most options - there is damask fabric in almost every color imagineable. Yesterday I mentioned buying some green & white fabric but there are lots of other options:
And a lot of great black and white choices:
I swear this is almost the exact same fabric as the Pier 1 chair:

So, I hope this helps, but don't hesitate to keep emailing me with questions. I love hearing about how you're all planning your own weddings!

7 comments:

brandianndesigns said...

i love the first damask. hm. i will need to think of something lovely to use it for.

boise.jenny said...

Here's another cool fabric site with a whole group called "dainty damask"

http://www.michaelmillerfabrics.com

Melissa DiStefano said...

So Darci, when you are done planning your wedding, do you want a job? :)

Maria said...

I ordered Damask fabric from Emerald City. I got it a couple of days ago and I love it! It is perfect!! I can't wait to make the runners...luckily I have a friend's help:) They are going to be perfect! I also found lots of Damask dishes...and even shoes with damask print that are black and white. No one will see my feet and they are cute flats so why not! SO FUN!! Thanks for all your tips!

linz1618 said...

I thought about damask this summer when visualizing my own day. I decided to go ahead and decorate my bathroom with it and add purple. My wedding is in Nov and wanted dthe warm fall colors but I love this so much...added it to my blog! Could I pull it in with my colors?

Rebecca said...

How many yards would you recommend per table runner?

I was thinking of ordering fabric for this as well and apparently I'm not the only one! This is great!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks for posting the damask pictures & info. Our wedding is New Year Eve this year and we are doing black, silver & deep dark red and the damask print. I'm so in love with it. I want to decorate a room on my house with it now! Wondering if anyone knows where to find the damask lamps I've seen