Blog has moved, searching new blog...

They're Finally Finished!

Our Save the Dates are finally complete & as far as I know have been received by almost everyone! So, alas, I can share all the pictures. That's all 70 of them above, waiting to be stuffed and sent. Here is a close-up: I wish that you could see the texture of the paper, it's the best part. I will try to get a better picture...I took these when I was completely sick of looking at them so I didn't put much effort into capturing the details! You can kind of see the texture on the back:
Here is the inside, before all the trimming took place. They look much better without all the black lines that blur out the details but you can get the idea! And then the back of the envelopes, stamped with my lovely customized address stamp from Expressionery. If you're going to be living in the same place after you get married I highly reccommend one, it took me about 10 minutes to stamp all of the envelopes...huge time saver!
And at last, they're all in their respective envelopes and ready to go. I don't know if I ever blogged about the stamps that I bought but I love them. I ordered them from USPS.com, and they arrived two days later. I think the shipping was $1 or something minimal, much easier than fighting the lines at the post office.
I ordered the envelopes from Paper-Source, and printed everything on our trusty home printer. I can't even begin to explain how relieved I am that they're finished! The design and assembly really wasn't that bad, but the printing was a labor of love. I have a few extras so I will try to get better shots of them this weekend. Hope you all have a great one!

18 comments:

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love them. They came out beautifully!

Lauren said...

Great job! What are you feelings on those envelopes for actual invitations. Some people feel that the square flap envelopes are better but papersource has the exact color that we need (the color you used)! We are thinking of making a damask envelope liner but I wanted your opinion!

Darci said...

Hey Lauren! I think that you can definitely use those envelopes for invitations. I actually like that the flap has a really long point...makes them stand out a little. The quality of the envelopes is great, they're thick and pretty durable. I saw a few after they were delivered and they stood up to the post office pretty well. And I love the color! Hope that helps :)

Lauren said...

Hey Darci! Thanks for your response. Did you use the color Leaf or Sage? It looks like Leaf...I think we are going to use sage! What are your bridesmaids wearing? I have having a hard time finding the "right" shade of green!

Darci said...

Those envelopes are the leaf color. The girls are actually wearing black jcrew dresses with a bright green necklace:
http://with--this--ring.blogspot.com/2008/01/matching-necklaces.html
I can imagine finding the right green would be kind of hard, I opted for the easy way out!

It's Lovely said...

I LOVE them. So well done!!!!!!

Tara said...

so pretty! you did a fantastic job! wanna work on my invites?? he he he

i bet you are so relieved to have them done.

tina said...

I can't believe that you did your own cutting! I make all of my own invitations for showers, etc. and HATE, HATE, HATE cutting. My printer is a bit fickle with non-standard sizes, so I always have print large and cut it down. My wedding gift to myself is not printing or cutting anything. :)

tina said...

P.S. Awesome job on the STDs!

tina said...

P.S.S. I am also using Paper Source envelopes for both my STDs and my invites. I just can't get myself to sacrifice color. Anyway, I didn't think twice about the pointy flaps. I say that pointy flaps are like pointy toe shoes. It's your right to love them no matter what! :)

Melissa DiStefano said...

Oh Darci~ they are beautiful! Great job!!! I am so impressed! What a labor of love- (gosh did I use enough exclaimation

Julia said...

I'm totally in love with them. And that is a big compliment coming from a paper snob like myself:) Great work, it's official....you are getting married now!

theselittlemoments said...

Darci they're beautiful! And I can tell the paper is really nice. I'm going to have to check out that website because we'll be in the same house after the wedding and yours looks so nice!

Jenna said...

Oh so pretty. I want to reach out and touch them. The texture looks delicious.

One Love Photo said...

Those look GREAT! Doesn't that get you so excited for the big day!

A Windy City Wedding said...

I love the vintage boat stamps! I almost bought those even though my wedding is over a year away because I loved them so much but was afraid the rate would go up again between now and then. Great job!

Lyndsy said...

They turned out marvelous! All your hard work and creative planning really came together beautifully!

Monica Rae said...

Beautiful, Darci!