Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Knock, Knock

There are double doors at the entrance of our reception tent, and this gives me an excuse to do something fun with our initials. A few weeks ago I was at JoAnn Fabrics and found these letters for $3.00/piece...score! Now the question is what exactly do I do with them...fresh flowers?
Paint and ribbon?
Tissue paper?
Or moss?

(Photos courtesy of Mrs. Pootiekins bio, Martha Stewart, BrideStarr bio, and Classic Bride respectively). The paint or tissue paper solutions would be the easiest, but the flowers and moss are by far my favorites. I think that for the flowers/moss you would need foam initials instead of wooden ones, because you would probably secure it to the foam with flower pins. Foam initials are cheap and easy enough to come by, but I don't see me really having the time to put moss or flowers on the letters that close to the wedding. So I am leaning towards paint and ribbon...what do you think?

11 comments:

A Windy City Wedding said...

Or you could even cover them in a decorative fabric or wrapping paper that went with your color scheme, decoupage!

Tara said...

i have been trying to figure this out as well- I love the flowers and moss but it would need to be done really close to the wedding.

i do like the idea from windy city wedding for decorative fabric or paper...

Linda said...

I love the moss. But if it doesn't go with your theme, I would go with the paint and ribbon. Decoupage is an interesting idea.

Melissa DiStefano said...

Love the moss- but you're right it just wouldn't make it... how about paint and ribbon or wrapping it in Damask! Pretty!!!!

Riley said...

I like the paint and ribbon idea.... or the decorative paper decoupaged on. I was actually thinking of doing the same thing at our wedding!

jessica lynn said...

LOVE the flowers, but I have no idea how to keep them fresh, store them, or find time to make them before the ceremony. i vote the paint with the pretty ribbon.

natalie said...

I think you could glue dried moss (I think its called Spanish Moss?) onto those letters! I did something similar as a centerpiece for a golf outing. Yes, there was a tee and golf ball glued to it as well ;) It makes a HUGE mess while you are making it, but it is definitely possible and then you could hang it up in your home. It wouldn't be as fresh looking as the pretty ones in the picture, but it might be worth trying.

I love the pretty ribbon, too. I agree that it or the fabric/paper would be the least stressful option.

Jenna said...

The ribbon is probably your best choice, but I LOVE the moss.

Kathy said...

If you have extra fabric left over from your runners, it'd be awesome to cover the letters with that damask fabric and use green ribbon to hang them up. So pretty! I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be perfect, though!

JuneBug said...

I LOVE the paint and ribbon, it is so classy and looks great. I might have the steal that idea!!

Wedding Reception said...

I like the paint and ribbon, too.