Blog has moved, searching new blog...

I Love These Cakes

I am sure that most of you already know about the amazingly talented April Reed, but I just can't get over how much I love these cakes. I knew from the beginning that I liked very simple cakes, but the asymmetrical layers of these designs just make me stop and stare. The ivory color and green ribbon on the picture above is perfect, but I like this type of shape even more: And then I saw this picture over at Style Me Pretty:I absolutely adore this cake. B most definitely did not share in my excitement, but I might have to use my veto power on this decision. I also still can't get over the fact that those aren't real flowers...it's like an edible piece of art!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous! I like the use of varying layer heights to build the cake. It's somewhat traditional but with an unexpected and fun twist!

Julia said...

Love the simplicity and the similar sized layers. So different from the 'norm' . Great find, Darci.

One Love Photo said...

So smooth and sophisticated! Who knew a cake could be so elegant?

Ellen said...

My friend had an April Reed cake at her wedding last week. Looked gorgeous. Didn't eat much because it was lemon zest and I'm not so much with the lemon ;o)

Wedding Reception said...

I love that last cake. Nice.