Blog has moved, searching new blog...

If the Shoe Fits...

I've posted about my shoe dillema before...B isn't that much taller than I am and we're having an outdoor ceremony, so I really need something under two inches and it can't have a really pointy kitten heel or I will sink. And, honestly, I can't walk in anything much higher than 2 inches anyway! I really really want these (Shannon Britt):
Or these (Kate Spade):


But they're both over a two inch heel, and I also decided that I wanted at least a peep toe. Why is it so hard to find a pretty, dressy wedding shoe that is under two inches?? If I knew the first thing about shoe design I swear I would create a line of them. A good friend of mine is in the same boat, and yesterday we found these shoes (Something Bleu):
The best part? The sole is light blue. Plus, they're dyeable so they can be worn after the wedding. So I ordered a pair last night and got an e-mail today that they should be here by Friday! I have two weeks to return them and am going to my parents house next weekend (where my dress currently lives) so I'll be able to try them on with the dress. I am happy, but still lusting after the Shannon Britts...

7 comments:

Julia said...

Love them. My shoes had a blue sole, were dyeable, and nearly flat. I loved them and swore I'd dye them black to wear them again, but of course I haven't. But I'd say resist splurging on the Shannon Britts....shoes are one thing that really don't make too much of an impact on the day. Unless of course, you are falling over in the mud because of them:)

Anonymous said...

Louboutin also can do flats with a blue sole as can CynthiaRowley...I would have gone with the Britts or the Kate Spades...The something bleaus area bit childish, and the heel not being wrapped in fabric is bothersome to me.

Darci said...

Thanks Mom & Julia! And "anonymous," I noted that the first two shoes weren't chosen because of the heel height. I am choosing to believe that you're just trying to be helpful, but a degree of politeness would be greatly appreciated.

Mom said...

I like these shoes much better than the pointed toe shoes with the 2 inch heel, plus I think these will be much more comfortable and easier to walk in. And I love the green necklace. But I am just your Mom!!!

It's Lovely said...

I think the something bleu's are really elegant. The wrapped peep to is so pretty and what a bonus that the bottom is blue!

Ali said...

i love those shoes and i think i want them! where are they from and how much!?

Anonymous said...

where can i get those shoes? i love them! (the low heeled-ones)