Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Save The Date?

I am still considering going the vintage postcard route for our save the dates, and while I was looking around this week I found the Chicago postcard above. I just thought it was cool, if we were getting married in the city I would definitely use something like that! But since we aren't, I worked on the Lake Geneva postcard a little more. I converted the picture into sort-of a watercolor painting in photoshop, and then added some text to the top: The example I found has some flourishes below the name of the city, so I tried this: Not sure I really like that though. So, then I made the font bigger and put some larger flourishes on the left side only: What do you think? I don't think I like the second one anymore...and now I am thinking the first one might be my favorite. But I would love to hear what you think!

11 comments:

missv_md said...

I just started reading your blog- thanks for posting all of your great ideas- I thought I'd throw my two cents in to show my gratitude! I actually like the first one. If you have photoshop there are several filters that I think you can use to make it look more "vintage." Can't wait to see the final product

jessica lynn said...

I like # 1 or 2 and I think that making it look more vintage is a great idea! good luck!

Darci said...

Thanks for the feedback! I think I am really leaning towards number 1...

Melissa DiStefano said...

I think I like #1 if you vintage'ize it a bit... that's my 2 pennies! :)

Molly said...

I like it with the flourishes, though I think they aren't quite right yet. Have you tried to make the photo look more vintage-y? I think that would give it the right tone. If you don't know how, email me the photo and I'll run some actions on it and send it back.
;0)

Linda said...

I like #1 or #2. Great idea!

loloeleven said...

I have a vote for #3... I think that flourish looks like wind curling over the lake...

Kathy said...

I thought I liked #1 one the best, but #3 is growing on me. Maybe if you can soften the flourish a bit when you make it more vintage-y? Whatever you decide is obviously gonna be fantastic!

elizabeth said...

i vote for #3 - it's gorgeous!

Danica said...

I love #1. My honest opinion is that you don't need anything "extra" to detract from the natural beauty of that lake and skyline. That is what Lake Geneva is all about so represent it girlfriend! Love it and I can totally see it being even more vintage-y. Nicely done.

Sooz & Joe said...

hello, first off just wanted to say that I love your blog! I check it all the time :) I am also having a wedding on a lake and feel very inspired by your posts! I love what you are thinking about for save the dates. While I like #1, I also like #3 because of the flourishes. I am looking forward to seeing one withe the "vintageous" look everyone has been suggesting. Good luck!