Blog has moved, searching new blog...

More Vintage Save the Dates

I got an e-mail yesterday from Suzy in Los Angeles, who used a vintage postcard from their venue to create save the dates! She actually made two cards, one with the date information and another with travel info and a blank back. She addressed the blank side of the postcard, and then combined both postcards in a clear envelope & mailed them. I also have pictures of the back sides of the postcards, but when I blurred out her name & info it took away from the overall look too much. So I decided to just show the front...great, right? Suzy also suggested I look on ebay for some vintage postcards of Lake Geneva - something I never thought of because I've been so focused on finding digital images. When I took a look, I found these:

Brad seems to like the idea of making the picture that we took look more vintage, instead of using one of these. I am torn - mostly because I really love that first one of the pier. I think I am going to go ahead and bid on the pier postcard, and try to make our picture look more vintage at the same time. So, we'll see! But thanks again, Suzy, for sharing your Save the Date!

4 comments:

Julia said...

ooooh, I'm a big fan of the vintage cards. What a great idea. Can't wait to see how it will all turn out.

Danica said...

So, I must say that I like your picture a lot more than the vintage ones. But it may be because I'm envisioning your entire wedding that is going to no doubt have a trendy and modern flair to it and think the digital pic is just the perfect accompaniement to it. Kind of like a prelude for your guests of what is yet to come.

Those are my random wedding ramblings. :)

Tara said...

i think either way it will turn out fantastic. The top vintage card has some similar aspects to your photo- just has a bit more going on with the boats,pier, etc.

If you aren't convinced with your photo yet just keep playing with it! And bidding on the postcards is great for a backup! :)

elizabeth said...

vintage is great - and i agree with tara, make sure that you're totally in love with whatever you choose!