Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Even More Save the Date Talk...

Getting sick of it yet? I think that I might be! I just can't seem to get them right, but here are a few more attempts. I took the picture and both adjusted the colors & threw a vintage wash over it. It definitely looks "vintage" but I don't know that I really like the muted tones...part of what I liked about the original picture was the bright colors. Anyway, I then tried out the lettering in a few different colors: Don't like the orange, so I tried a different shade of green: I am not sure I really like that either. I tried a bunch of different colors and just couldn't seem to find one that looked right. I suppose I could go with plain white, but that seems a little boring! I would love to hear what you all think...I am almost leaning towards the original these days:

10 comments:

elizabeth @ elizabeth anne designs said...

i still vote for the original - i loved it from the beginning.

Tara said...

i think the original is wonderful- love the color.

Linda said...

I like the second one. It looks more vintage than the 3rd one.

Kathy said...

I agree with you, Darci. I really like the bright colors on the original. It really shows off how beautiful the lake is and sets a wonderful tone for what your guests have to look forward to on your big day!

MissJordyPants said...

I love the first one with orange writing. Very vintage. The original is nice, but definitely doesn't have the vintage feel that you're going for

Darci said...

Thanks for all the feedback!

Sparker said...

I like the original best, but it might look more like a post card if you put a white border around the edges. Also, playing with fonts may evoke a more vintage feel.

Lucky Designs said...

I like the original colors, but I would definitely try some other fonts, maybe some texture along the edges?

I love these fonts for your cards...

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/spiecegraphics/quaint-gothic-sg/

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/nicksfonts/mighty-ditey-nf/

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/typeart/miracolo/

Melissa DiStefano said...

I really heart the bright colors, I think with a new font, you'll be golden!

Merry Christmas!

Danica said...

I'm still cheering for the original!