Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Save The Date!

It's about time to start creating our Save the Date's...I want to get them out early since it's sort of a destination wedding. I originally thought that I wanted to do something fun and sort of cheesy, like the photo strips where the couple is holding signs that say "Save...The...Date." Then I saw Miss Licorice's post on Weddingbee about the CECI New York postcards pictured above. Clearly I love the green, but I also love the look of a graphic on a photograph. Unique and yet still classy. But alas, we aren't getting married in a castle & while I know that I could easily create a similar motif with a photo of Lake Geneva, I just don't see it having the same effect. Then, I saw these (also from CECI, located here): I love it! It's so well done but still seems to depict a really fun event, one I would definitely want to be invited to. Even better, the inside allows for a lot of space to list information about hotel rooms, flights, etc. Since 99% of our guests live outside of the state, that would be really handy:
I like that it seems vacation-esque without having pictures of flip-flops and sail boats. I know that I have some good pictures of Lake Geneva at home, so hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to try and create something. What do you think? Is it still sort-of cheesy?

12 comments:

jessica lynn said...

Love the idea! Your save the dates will be AMAZING!

christine said...

That's not cheesy at all!! You should have fun with the save-the-dates!

I love the sorta vintage postcard feel!

Julia said...

Love it, not cheesy at all. I love the fun graphics and extra info...very handy.

Darci said...

Thanks for the support! And agree Christine - the vintage postcard feel is what seems cool to me too.

elizabeth said...

I love the vintage postcard feel but the castle card above is gorgeous! You could easily do something like that in photoshop with the picture of your lake or your chapel, etc.

Chitown Bride said...

I am absolutely loving the vintage postcard. So beautiful!

Lucky Designs said...

I love the postcards - great idea!

Tara said...

I love the vintage postcard look- something like this would be great for Lake Geneva. I would love to get that in the mail!

Natasha said...

I think Save-The-Dates are your chance to have some fun and be a little creative and maybe even a little cheesy. I think the postcard idea is great! It's a little tongue in cheek but still beautiful and creative. I think it would work perfectly with your location.

Darci said...

Thank you all!! And so glad that you like the vintage postcard idea :)

Melissa DiStefano said...

I think I totally love it!!! It's awesome!! You should totally do it! It's a vintage postcard with class, fun'ness and attitude, it's you with a Captial Y!

Meredith said...

Can you post the link to where you found those Hamptons Save-the-Dates? Thanks!