Blog has moved, searching new blog...

A Possibility...

Last night I started looking for pictures I've taken of Lake Geneva, and found this one. Definite potential, but it needs some work to be turned into a postcard. So first, I removed the pier on the left and all the random buoys:

Then I decided that if the majority of the text would be on the top, there would need to be more sky and less lake. And that the clouds probably had to go in favor of a solid colored sky:

Then all it would need is some colored text slapped on there with a flourish or two. I got tired, so this was the end of it all for the night but I plan to finish it up later! What do you all think? Good start, or doesn't seem like it could work?

I also thought of combining the two ideas I posted about yesterday and making the picture black & white with some green text over it. Or, I also found this picture, which is one of my favorite spots right next to where the ceremony will be. There could be lots of potential with this one, but it doesn't really say "lake wedding."

6 comments:

jessica lynn said...

great start! you are so creative!

elizabeth said...

I think this is a GREAT start! Add on some pretty fonts and turn it into a postcard and it SCREAMS lake geneva!

Miss Artichoke said...

i've tagged you.

Melissa DiStefano said...

Love it!!! Great start! I can't wait to see the final - I am pretty impressed with your photoshopping abilities!

Tara said...

Looks great! I have to admit I have a twing of envy on your photoshop skills! We just got it and I am finding it really challenging...

Darci said...

No no, do not envy my photoshop "skills." I watched some online tutorials and taught myself how to do the basics, I really don't know that much at all! When I get it to do what I want (e.g. removing things from pictures) I clap for myself.