Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Our Thanksgiving

As I mentioned before, we were in South Carolina for Thanksgiving this year. You can see from the picture above the views and the weather were beautiful! And not only did I get to spend a bunch of time with my new niece and family, I also picked up my wedding dress! I was actually a little anxious to see it's such a significant purchase and I only tried it on one time...what if it wasn't as great as I thought it was the first time? What if I was just in a really good mood and wound up picking something that I'll regret later? Yes, I am slightly crazy. And yes, I loved the dress just as much as I did the first time, if not more because it actually fit me! Since I still don't want to show the dress for fear of groom lurking, I took some other pictures of the day to share. Here is the entrance to the adorable Wedding Inspirations:

And here is where we ate after picking up the dress...the same place we ate the day that I found it! It's a little cafe that's part of the Grove Park Inn, and if you're ever in Asheville and you don't drive directly there to eat you're crazy. They serve nothing but made-from-scratch southern food, things like fried green tomatoes and okra. I highly recommend the fried green tomatoes:

The dress spent the rest of the week hanging in my parents bedroom at the townhouse (in addition to a few hours being tried on by me over and over again), and they took it home with them so I won't be tempted to wear it around the house and out to dinner. I've still got a bunch of time before I need to start fittings, so I suppose it will have to live at their house until then.

1 comment:

Wedding Dress said...

I love those fall colors!