Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Happy Day!

My dress is in!!! I don't think I've told the story of the dress yet on the blog, so here goes. Five days after Brad popped the question, my adorable niece made her grand entrance (first niece, first grandchild, you can imagine the fanfare). Since my brother and sister-in-law live in South Carolina, I flew out there a few days later to meet the new addition to our family. I was telling one of my friends about the trip, and she said that while I was there I should go visit this bridal boutique in Asheville, NC called Wedding Inspirations.

So a few days later my Mom, Grandma, my Mom's best friend and I made our way to Asheville. Just imagine my delight when we pulled up to the little shop pictured above! Its truly the most adorable boutique on earth,complete with white picket fence, and the people who work there all have sweet southern accents. All the dresses are out for you to browse through, which I consider to be a huge bonus because I strongly disliked my experiences at the more "high-end" places where they just bring you dresses they think you'll like. When you walk in they give you ribbons, which you tie onto the dresses you like & then they magically make their way into a dressing room. We had to ask for more ribbons twice.

Prior to coming to Asheville I had been to 3 other places trying on dresses, but didn't have any luck. I tried on about 10 dresses that day & the 5th one was "The One!" We ordered it right away and I got a call last week that it has arrived...this is important because we're going to be back in SC for Thanksgiving! So on Tuesday I get to go try on and pick up my dress. If Brad weren't going to be there I would probably wear it to Thanksgiving dinner. Since he reads this blog on occasion I don't want to post pictures of it, so instead I'll post some more of the interior of the boutique. Enjoy!


7 comments:

molly said...

The place looks lovely. I found my wedding dress just one week after my engagement. But hey, I love it! I can't wait till it comes in!

Darci said...

I am so glad to hear someone else say that, Molly! I found mine 3 weeks after my engagement & people think I am crazy. I guess when you find it, you find it!

Danica said...

I am on pins and needles now to see this dress! What a fun dress-shopping experience. That place is adorable.

Trish said...

HI! I just found your blog and it's amazing! I just got engaged myself and I love every single idea that you have posted. Your wedding is going to be gorgeous. Thanks for so much inspiration for my own wedding!

Darci said...

Trish, thank you so much for the kind words!

boise.jenny said...

YAY! Happy Day is right! I can't wait for you to have it in hand. You'll want to put in on every weekend, I can already tell. I am reading your Blog religiously, even though I don't always post. I promise! - Your adoring bridesmaid

Wedding Dress said...

Looks like a little nice place.