Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Whoa.

I found this picture on Housemartin & had to share. These weird green things are called Osage Oranges (or Hedge Apples, according to Martha) and grow on trees in the fall. They're so strange looking but the color is amazing...they're almost cool in a weird kind of way! I did some research and it seems you can buy them at orchards pretty cheaply in the fall, as they aren't edible. There are some places you can even buy them online, and they last 2-3 months. I even found an "Ask Martha" that addresses them. I've definitely seen them around before, but never knew what they were called. These could definitely be made into unique centerpieces!

5 comments:

jessica lynn said...

How do you find these amazing and unique items!? Yay for your green and black and white scheme!

boise.jenny said...

I love the title of this entry. I can just imagine what your face must've looked like when you first laid eyes on this picture! Those are pretty cool.

Judith said...

I can't believe you don't remember hedge apples from when you were a little girl. Ask your mom - they were all over the place when we were growing up. You've never seen them before? One caveat - they don't smell very good.

Darci said...

I do think I remember them, but didn't we call them something else? Mom, we're all over it this weekend!

Wedding Reception said...

I recall being told that these were called "horse apples" growing up. Learn something new every day.