Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Silhouettes

When done right, I think silhouettes can be so classic and simple. I've seen them used in a variety of ways...one of my favorites being these tags from Etsy:
The last week Vane over a Brooklyn Bride posted instructions for making your own silhouettes! It's incredibly simple to do in Photoshop & with the help of her directions I was able to create my own in just a few minutes. After a little sweet talking I got Brad to pose as my muse:
You can change the background to pretty much anything you want it to be. Vane used some cool patterns, so I tried out a simple green background. So fun! If any of you would like me to create your silhouette, just send me a picture of your profile in front of a white background :)

6 comments:

boise.jenny said...

That is awesome! I am impressed. Are you going to use it? Or just tinkering?

Darci said...

I don't know, I might try to find a way to use it!

Judith said...

As I've said on many previous occasions - Brad is a very good sport!

Darci said...

Yes, yes he is.

papercupp said...

I did this for our wedding shower thank you notes. It was a photo of my fiance kissing my forehead. So sweet and personal. Vane posted our stationary wardrobe a few weeks ago. It under inspiration real weddings "Amy and Scott." You can see it on my blog too - (abcddesign.blogspot.com) Good luck - silouettes are very fresh.

Darci said...

Those thank you notes are so great! Your whole stationery suite is definitely inspirting - thanks for sharing!