Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Help!!

The fabric for the table runners arrived yesterday, and now I am having second thoughts. I've recently been browsing through all my MS Weddings magazines, and have yet to see black & white anything. The reason I like so much of what's in those magazines is because it all looks so clean and fresh, so inviting. And now I am thinking that the black & white brocade pattern will just look so harsh...not at all fresh or inviting. On the other hand, that tent is so big and sterile looking, it definitely needs a lot of color infused within it to brighten things up. Sigh. I have to return that fabric within 30 days if I am going to do it, and I just don't know what to do! We have a green quilt on our bed right now, so I laid it on there last night and stared at it for an hour. See what you think...and please ignore the monkey who insists on being in any picture that's taken:

9 comments:

Lucky Designs said...

I love the fabric! I am partial to black and white since those were my wedding colors too, but they are classic. Great choice.

Molly said...

It is definately fresh - and when handled in a non-fussy way it will be very clean. I say stick with it!

Monica Rae said...

I agree with Molly! You have a great sense of style, Darci. Trust yourself.

Danica said...

Darci! MY Darci?? :)

LOVE the runner fabric. It's completely my style, but of course anything black/white is usually right up my alley. I say go for it! Trust me, those tables get very dressed up with a lot of catering needs such as your placesettings, etc so it won't look as bold as it does when it's just sitting there.

Besides, it makes a statement and not enough brides have the courage to do that!

Darci said...

Thank you all SO much for your feedback and help...I think I am going to stick with the fabric!

Merrilee Diaz said...

Check out the pictures of the bridal shower from this photogrpaher's blog. The pop of color under the black damask runner is beautiful. : )

Merrilee Diaz said...

OOOPS, here the link
jenniferskog.wordpress.com/category/personal/page/3/

Judith said...

Like it! But I think the green needs to be brighter than your comforter cover. As many have said, it's going to be a very big room and there will be lots of "stuff" on the tables.

Wedding Reception said...

Stick with it!