Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Goodbye Peonies, Hello Cabbage Roses!

I just spoke to a florist who I am pretty sure I'll go with - she's incredibly nice and made some excellent suggestions. She was also the "preferred" florist recommended by The Abbey, and used the word "tater tot" in our conversation. Instant friends. Anyway, she said that unless I am prepared to pay out the nose for peonies, they're pretty much out of the question in September. Boo. But she suggested cabbage roses instead, as they have a similar large lush look to them (and she can get them in white). So I googled cabbage roses and found the picture above, which I love! Renee (the florist) said that she would get them in a few days ahead of time and nurture them to make sure they opened up to their full potential. So, I am pretty sure Renee and I have a deal.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I agree with Grammy :o} on this. If you can work "tater tot" into a conversation, I can only imagine what you can do with flowers! She sounds really awesome!